lundi, juillet 23, 2007

Summertime, and the Living is Easy

School is out, and that means a good deal of free time for teenagers around the country. What will they do with all this free time, and what should parents have to say about it?
A recent study by the Nevada County chapter of Parents of Entitled, Self-important Teenagers (or, P.E.S.T) reveals that good parents adopt a “get out of the way and let these young people do their own thing” approach.
In a press conference attended by P.E.S.T. members and one reporter, spokesperson Linda Kay Berke-Johnson said: “We despise George W. Bush, and stand by all our earlier statements against anything and everything he does. But at least his twin girls did drugs and used fake ID’s to get into bars and buy mixed drinks.” Area teens reached for comment as they “hung out” at the corner store said, “I don’t know, I’m just hanging out. What’s with all these questions and pressure? You’re stressing me out! Leave me alone! Gosh!”

1 commentaire:

Kirstie a dit...

Personally, I am doing my part by letting my youngest son play HOURS of WoW (World of Warcraft). I think he ate once today. He's not doing drugs, not hangning out, not even seeing the light of day.